Saturday, June 25, 2011

I'm not an anorexic moron in Christian Louboutins.

Does this qualify me as "non-narcissistic", therefore not worthy of the time or attention or narcissistic people? I hope that anorexic morons in Christian Louboutins soon become an endangered species, because they are everything that embodies what narcissists like. Because most narcissists control the media, the model that they propose is either the moron gay guy vampire or the Loubotins-clad lollipop-head. Right. The only being worthy to be on their side, or the object of their (fleeting) interest.
I have some narcissistic friends (who doesn't?) - some of them blatantly so, some others don't believe that they are (because many narcissists do not realize that they are). And I know some sane persons. I like to think that I belong to the latter category, because I get horribly sick and tired of the narcissists. I know perfectly well that they won't waste time with me unless they need something.
I get very annoyed at this. People don't realize that they can be the Pope, Matt Damon, or whoever, if they're jerks, they're jerks. They're unlikable. They are suckers for flattery. That means, one day they'll rot alone with their memories and the pictures of when they used to be so and so or WITH so and so. Because sooner or later every normal person gets incredibly tired of narcissistic people. Their behavior is predictable, their tastes are predictable, and there is no talent or intelligence that is a redeeming quality after a certain point. People like me do not have narcissistic tendencies and are generous. But they are not stupid, and realize that there will never be space for a real friendship or any kind of relationship if those who give always give and those who receive always receive. It's called moving on. When the narcissistic person loses what could have been a true friend, he/she is stuck with those who are "satellites" - who try to bask and shine in their reflected light, and plaster their pictures with them everywhere or namedrop at the first occasion. These people are wannabe narcissists, and they don't give - they WANT. First a little, then more and more and more. So it is this way that the narcissist gets a does of his or her own medicine. But the narcissist never gets rid of the parasitic satellites: They validate his or her self-importance. I'd say this is typical, tried, and true. So if you have a narcissist in your life, don't waste your time hoping that he or she will change.

No comments: